Sunday, March 18, 2012

Final Portfolio

My final portfolio contains three pieces; my final paper, revised paper of assignment number 2, and a peer review of Nick's final paper. I have chose these three assignments because, because I believe that these reflect my effort and thoughts toward the course. I believe that final paper brings many good points for people to think about grammar. The sources in which I used greatly back up the arguments that I make. The main weakness that I had while writing this paper was researching grammar and turning it into a conversational piece. I thought that the revision of paper 2 would be very difficult, however, I found it to be not as difficult to explain my writing process in a different way that I did before. I still make the same claims and arguments, but I explain them in a different way. I also included my peer revision of Nick's final paper because, it shows my effort that I put into the course. I have received peer revisions that just tell me how good my writing is and does not help me out at all when I go to revise my paper, and I think that I make very effective comments in which Nick can use to make his paper better. 

This leads me to my argument to raise my grade from my C to possibly a B. I believe that the effort I put towards this course was great enough for me to receive a B. English has never been and will never be my strongest subject, I am more of a mathematical student, which leads me to continually struggle with these type of courses. However, I really did try to get a better understanding of the subject by reading our assigned readings and answering the questions to the best of my ability.

I think that this course brought up many good things to consider in the writing community, however, I wish that we didn't have all of our writing assignments over the thoughts of the "Writing About Writing", book because, it lead me to have little motivation to write after paper number 2. The course began to be repetitive and dull once we got halfway through the quarter, a nice change of pace may have been what was needed for the course. I would have done a lot better on a research paper that was over a subject other than that about writing in the academic community. 



http://www.scribd.com/hartmanb93/d/85258907-Grammar-Paper
http://www.scribd.com/doc/85882360/Paper-2-Revised
http://www.scribd.com/hartmanb93/d/84643741-Nick-s-Peer-Response

No comments:

Post a Comment