Sunday, January 22, 2012

Jan 23 assignment

In his article "What Is It We Do When We Write Articles Like This One- and How Can We Get Students to Join Us?', Kleine discusses how both teachers and students lack the ability to effectively collect research and relate it into their writings. He says the we should not just compile information, however you should challenge yourself to be involved in the actual research itself.

1. I do attempt to start my papers with the mentality to use the steps that they discuss, however I never follow through with all the steps. I either get too impatient to follow through with all the steps, or I do not have enough time to do so.
3. I do believe that sources play a large role in the writings of people, however I never used resources how Kleine wants people to. I would only use resources if it was a requirement for a paper, in that case I would pull pieces of information to back up my thesis. I would not extensively use the resources throughout the paper.
4. I feel that if i followed through with this process I would use more research, which would lead to there being more support to my thesis statement.
Response:
I felt like this article was repetitive information. I feel like we all know what steps we SHOULD take when writing a research paper, but we rarely follow through with every step.

No comments:

Post a Comment