Friday, January 20, 2012

Paper #1 and URL for paper


Cover Letter
            In this paper I was attempting to make a strong argument against the educational steps taken to teach grammar to students. The point that I tried to get across to the readers was that the use and teachings of grammar actually restricts students from reaching full potential in their writing skills. I supported this claim with statistics from previous articles supporting the same claims that I did. Such information included data discussing the percentages of middle school classrooms teaching grammar. The counter argument that I brought to attention was that it is a necessity to keep the teachings of grammar in- tact, however it needs to be taught more effectively. I think that I stated my claims very clear, and began my arguments with good statements. On the contrary, I was not able to effectively elongate my claims to effectively fit the recommended length of the paper. I would like the reader to discuss which points in my paper were the most effective along with the least effective.

http://www.scribd.com/hartmanb93/d/78865518-Paper-1

1 comment:

  1. This paper was and altogether a good paper. I liked how you got your point across and it was very easy to understand. I liked how in the paper you gave a personal experience from a class you were in. I thought that this paper met the requirements very well and you supported your point very well. You may want to look up terms that you aren't quite sure of so that it makes more sense when you are writing. Overall you have written a very nice paper.

    https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B9ku8u6rjihJM2Q0Mjc2ODItYjE1Ni00MGYyLWJiMDQtZmVhYWYwNzVhNDM3&hl=en_US

    ReplyDelete