Link: http://literacyhistory.webs.com/
In our website we discussed the different types of motivations, and literacy sponsors that people had as children and as their literacy skills increased. Each of us interviewed two people and asked them what their motivation was to learn how to read and write, and if they enjoy reading and writing. We got many responses, but many people said that their parents were the ones who began the learning process. We also found that there were some differences in the schooling the people have been through. We interviewed individuals that have attended both private and public schools, and the responses that we received did reflect that. A problem that we had was that the website we were using to compose our own webpage caused some problems. There were numerous times that the website froze and we would have to wait for long periods of time to make any more changes. Another difficulty that we had was making a clearly stated argument to write about. I did like how this gave us a break from the basic paper format.
Brett,
ReplyDeleteWell done with this "paper"! I think you boys did a really good job with a lot of things. I put the pieces that I was commenting on and put them in a word document so I could use track changes and I have a link to it on scribd at the bottom of this. It should be pretty easy to read. So I believe that you're main point with this paper was you boys questioning what motivates students to read and write, I thought that was very clear and I didn't need to look at you're cover letter for that. I enjoyed reading this very much and like I said I thought the layout was very easy to navigate through and very organized. I like how you brought in the ideas of motivation and how reading and writing is encourage in different ways; through self, parents, grades, etc. I think that this is exactly what is expected and for how difficult it was to stray away from the way we are use to writing "papers" you handled it well. I have more comments in my word document and I hope I helped! (:
Link: http://www.scribd.com/doc/82114840/Brett%E2%80%99s-Peer-Review
fairly good response Elyse, thanks for remembering to point out where the writing was meeting criteria.
ReplyDeleteI would add that you should work to incorporate sources into your document both for conversation and to acknowledge the source of your ideas about literacy; this also would help you arrive at a strong overall point because it sets up a contrast between what others have already said/done (Brandt, Cuccini and Perez) and what you are saying that adds to or is different from that.