Sunday, January 29, 2012

Jan 30


Harris Summary
In the article, Composing Behaviors of One- and Multi- Draft Writers, Harris discusses the differences between one draft and multi draft writings. He talks about how each can be beneficial, however each have their flaws, and concludes, like the rest of our readings, that there is no set way to write a paper.

Response
I am more of a one- draft writer because I will make one draft of a paper at most, only if the teacher assigns a draft previously to the final copy. I know that I am a one-draft writer because I will always attempt to finish a paper at one or two sittings, then look over my one draft and make changes accordingly. A disadvantage to this way of writing is that I could leave out information that I could come across if I were to make multiple drafts of the paper.

Reflection
I understood the information that Harris was trying to get across, however it was difficult for me to read because it did not grab my attention at all.

Ransom Summary
In her article, How Do I Write?, Dominieq Ransom wrote a reflective paper discussing her writing process under a “timed” writing session. She discusses how she writes more efficiently when she has less time to write her response, which I found shocking. I would have thought that with less time she wouldn’t like the outcome that she got.

Questions To Consider
·      How much time goes toward revising, different ways to write papers, time constraints. I could do something similar to Ranson’s study, however, give myself more time because usually I write with a time constraint, because I procrastinate and wait till the last second when it comes to writing a paper.
·      I do think that taking notes leads to writing, because when you see your thoughts written down on paper you can then analyze them and format them into a structured paper. I have not tried writing for exploration.

6 comments:

  1. I agree with that I too understood the point Harris was trying to make but the writing was so dry that it was hard to stay focused.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you in saying that you are a one-draft writer because I think I am the exact same way. Unless I have to do more I normally do just what is asked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with not thinking the Harris reading was interesting I also thought it was kind of repetitive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree that i am a one draft writer and that because of it, i may miss out on some important information.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also view myself as a one draft writer mainly because I try and finish the paper in one or two sittings. Another thing that I agree with you is that it also surprised me when the author expressed how her writing is done more efficiently when she's on a time constraint.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with your responses and I'm more of a one-draft writer myself. I also like to finish my papers in one sitting and make changes as I go. Good job on this response!

    ReplyDelete